NEW YORK – The New York Giants faced a dismal 1-4 Dallas Cowboys team on Monday Night Football in Dallas, what could be better right? Well, a win of course. Big Blue pulled out the victory 41-35 in a strangely close game at the end of the night. The first half was littered with silly mistakes and a couple of cheap INT’s on tipped balls by Big Blue. It was also one of the best first halves of football for comebacks that I’ve seen in a while. Big Blue was down 20-7 at one point but came back to take the lead 24-20 by the time the teams headed into the locker room. The Giants simply dominated the Cowboys, who looked like a deer in headlights.
The second half was much of the same. A complete dismantling of the Dallas Cowboys to push their overall record to 1-5 on the 2010 NFL Season. The game actually became embarrassing at one point during the second half. Then the turnovers started coming fast and the Cowboys were getting garbage TD’s late in the game. Enough to make me sit up in my seat but it wasn’t meant to be as the Giants ultimately crushed Dallas’ hopes.
The G-Men are now 5-2 on the year and have sole possession of 1st place in the NFC East. This was an incredibly fun game to watch for Giants fans and the Twitter bugs were exploding with joy. It’s good to be the King.
Let’s take a look at some of my notes from the game tonight.
- QB Eli Manning collected himself after a couple of cheap INT’s to take over the game. One of the best performances I’ve seen from Manning this year. He finished with 306 yards 4 TD’s 3 INT’s.
- The Giants defense knocked out their 5th QB (Tony Romo) this season. Romo could be out for the rest of the season or 8-10 weeks.
- The Giants special teams are in dire need of some upgrades. They continue their subpar season giving up a TD on a return by rookie Dez Bryant.
- WR Hakeem Nicks just keeps on rolling with another huge game. He finished with 108 yards and 2 TD’s. He should make the pro bowl in 2010.
- The Giants offense nearly put up 500 total yards of offense, finishing with 497 total yards.
- RB Ahmad Bradshaw is running hard and breaking ankles. He never takes a play off and can be counted on to make plays. He had 126 yards in this game.
- The Giants defense is just devastating. The Cowboys offense could not do anything when they had the ball. They had 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles.
- The Monday Night Football crew made a point of mentioning that Tom Coughlin is the oldest coach in the NFL at age 64.
- WR Steve Smith is still the silent assassin and still makes some huge catches. He finished with 101 yards and 1 TD.
- The Giants had way too many turnovers (5) in this game. They won the game tonight but they will not get far if they continue this trend of turnovers.
- WR Mario Manningham had a very nice game. He finished with 40 yards and 1 TD.
- CB Terrell Thomas lead the team in tackles and had a solid game.
- The Giants offensive line had another solid game, giving up only 1 sack. The Blue Wall does it again.
- Brandon “The Bull” Jacobs keeps getting more involved in the games. He finished with 75 yards and 1 TD 1 Fumble.
- The Dallas Cowboys made a stink about QB Eli Manning signing their wall after beating them in the first game ever at the new Cowboys stadium.
- K Lawrence Tynes made both of his FG attempts and all of his extra point attempts.
- The Giants won the time of possession game by nearly 7 minutes at 36:51 to 22:29. The Cowboys offense couldn’t do anything against Big Blue.
RD – nygreporter.com
PLEASE SUPPORT THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT!!