NEW YORK – The 2011 NFL lockout has now reached 123 days. Reports have been circulating with the positive news that a deal could be made within the next week or two. Of course, they have been saying the same thing for over 4 months now but with the preseason so close (August 7, 2011), they may be telling the truth this time. If the season is truly going to be saved, then it is time to discuss fantasy football for the millions of people who enjoy playing the game every season. I will only be talking about New York Giants players in this article.
The first player we must discuss is WR Steve Smith. This is the steal of the entire fantasy football world for 2011 in my opinion. I have completed drafts in several leagues already and have been baffled by the fact that WR Steve Smith has gone undrafted in each and every one of them. I have been very fortunate to pick him up in every single one of my leagues without even drafting him. Knowing Smith will be available greatly effects draft strategy because you know you will get a quality WR on the back end, which allows you to focus on the running game or other areas of need early on. Smith has said that he is recovering from an injury very well and he will be ready for the 2011 season. Steve Smith will be the steal of this draft year in my opinion.
The following player list will show the player values for the 2011 fantasy football season. The players will listed in the order of their overall fantasy value. This list reveals my opinions only and should not be compared to any other fantasy ranking system. I have won a ton of fantasy championships and have over a decade of experience which makes me a fantasy expert. Of course, anything can go wrong at anytime and injuries could seriously effect the following predictions.
New York Giants Fantasy Football
1. QB Eli Manning – Manning has been putting up big numbers in recent years and I expect that trend to continue. Easy Eli responds to criticism very well and after being snubbed from the NFL Top 100 list, I expect Manning to play with a chip on his shoulder. Look for Eli to throw for 4,000+ yards and 30+ TD’s in 2011.
2. WR Hakeem Nicks – Nicks has the potential to be an all-pro player. I expect 1,200+ yards and 10 TD’s minimum from him in 2011.
3. New York Giants Defense – The Giants defense is simply scary. If they can remain healthy they will be a top 3 defense in 2011.
4. RB Ahmad Bradshaw – I am assuming the Giants will re-sign the speedy Bradshaw. If they do, Bradshaw will rush for 1,000+ yards and 7 or 8 TD’s.
5. WR Steve Smith – Smith is another player I assume the Giants will re-sign. Smith can easily eclipse the 1,000 yard receiving mark and pull down 5 TD’s.
6. RB Brandon Jacobs – I believe the Giants will utilize Jacobs the proper way in 2011. They will give him the ball more and give him the goal line carries. I expect Brandon “The Bull” to rush for about 700-800 yards with 10 TD’s.
7. WR Mario Manningham – Manningham has shown flashes of brilliance and should have 750 yards and 8 TD’s. Mario might have more if there are any reoccurring issues with Steve Smiths injury.
8. TE Kevin Boss – Boss has been plagued by injuries but should still grab 600-700 yards and 5 TD’s.
9. WR Victor Cruz (sleeper pick) - I like this kid a lot. If he gets an opportunity to log serious playing time due to player injuries, he could really do some great things. Either way, I expect him to flourish on special teams in 2011.
Do you play fantasy football and if so, would you agree with the list above? Would you add/subtract anything to/from the list?
RD – nygreporter.com