Hello Giants Fans, I thought we could take a look back on a busy week and make some notes. We are now only 3 weeks away from the beginning of training camp in Albany and still questions remain. Big questions. Like the annoying fly buzzing around a room, the middle linebacker position continues to evoke concern in Giants fans. The team has talked about LB’s Goff and Blackburn taking over for AP and have also mentioned rookie LB Phillip Dillard. Speaking of Antonio Pierce (AP), our former defensive general has officially retired from the NFL to work a gig at ESPN. Good Luck from the NYG Reporter AP!
We are now on the cusp of beginning training camp and the football news world is dead. This cruel summer dead zone happens every year. The floodgates will open for writers in three weeks, when the 2010 training camp starts. Until then, we will have the Pierre-Paul and Joseph contracts to discuss. We may have some roster moves to work with too. I expect the team to bring in another WR or CB before camp begins.
Another question people aren’t really discussing is, how will all of those 2009 injured players come back from their ailments? The G-men had a ton of players who were banged up and almost a dozen who landed on season ending IR. Two players that I’m very interested in seeing are DT Jay Alford and RB Andre Brown. Hopefully, they have both completely healed from their injuries and can contribute in 2010.
Let’s take a look at some of the recent summer news about the New York Giants.
- The 2010 New York Giants training camp begins in 3 weeks.
- Antonio Pierce officially retires from the NFL to join the ESPN TV crew.
- Rookie safety Chad Jones continues to recover from his season ending car accident. Get well soon Chad.
- Giants LT David Diehl rang the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange on Friday 7-9-10.
- The New York Giants have signed five of seven 2010 draft picks so far.
-The Giants still haven’t signed their first round pick DE Jason Pierre-Paul.
-The Giants second round selection in the 2010 NFL Draft Linval Joseph remains unsigned as well.
- The Giants Special Teams have lost two players for the season already.
- The Manning family held their annual passing camp in Louisiana.
- Giants WR Steve Smith has asked for a new contract. He is scheduled to make $550,000 in 2010.
- The 18 game expansion for regular season games is still a hot topic in New York.
- Questions still remain about safety Kenny Phillips’ status and condition. Get well soon Kenny.
- Giants WR Hakeem Nicks has been putting in some extra work during the offseason.
- New defensive coordinator Perry Fewell continues to win the respect of his players and earn praise from the front office.
When do you think rookie DE Jason Pierre-Paul will sign his contract? Do you think he could be a possible hold out?
RD – nygreporter.com
SUPPORT THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT!!