NEW YORK – The New York Giants were coming off an embarrassing loss to the lowly Cowboys last week, while the Eagles were coming off a record setting victory against the Redskins. Both the Giants and Eagles were tied for first place in the NFC East with 6-3 records. Football fans expected an excellent game and depending on who you were rooting for, you got what you asked for. The Giants lost 27-17 in another heartbreaker. This game was harder to watch then the loss to the Cowboys last week.
The first three quarters were like watching a car accident for Giants fans. Nothing was going right for Big Blue and the mishaps multiplied with fumbles and penalties and turnovers. Head Coach Tom Coughlin looked like his head was going to explode on the sidelines and mine was throbbing too at one point. The special teams play was atrocious once again and OC Kevin Gilbride was being too conservative in the first half. DC Perry Fewell did an incredible job handling the explosive Eagles offense the entire game.
QB Michael Vick was contained about as well as you can contain that guy. The Giants defense played a great game but came up particularly huge in the fourth quarter. In fact, the entire Giants team seemed to come to life in the fourth quarter. They were playing with a seriously banged up offensive line, not to mention 11 players resting comfortably (not) on the IR list. This second straight loss to division rivals in the past two weeks has fans scratching their heads and wondering why the team is not performing at the level they should be at.
Let’s take a look at some of my notes from the game.
– QB Eli Manning had a very poor game and finished with 147 yards 2 TD’s 3 INT’s 1 fumble. Eli also had 22 rush yards.
– The Giants defense was the true star of this game. They finished with 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles.
– DE Justin Tuck had an awesome game finishing with all 3 of Big Blues sacks.
– RB Ahmad Bradshaw had a below average game tonight. He finished with 29 yards 0 TD’s 2 fumbles.
– Rookie punter Matt Dodge was up and down all night. This kid might not be with the team next season.
– WR Hakeem Nicks had a decent game but below his standards. He finished with 65 yards 0 TD’s.
– DC Perry Fewell deserves the game ball for this game. His game plan was phenomenal.
– The Giants special teams are simply atrocious and need a complete overhaul soon.
– TE Kevin Boss had a decent game and finished with 22 yards.
– TE Travis Beckum got a little involved and finished with 2 yards 1 TD.
– WR Derek Hagan, who was brought back to replace Ramses Barden who landed on IR, had 10 yards 1 TD.
– CB Terrell Thomas had an incredible game and led all tacklers for the Giants with 9.
– RB Brandon Jacobs had a poor game and finished with 10 yards 0 TD’s.
– WR Mario Manningham was quiet for most of the game and finished with 24 yards.
RD – nygreporter.com
THE NEW YORK GIANTS ARE HAVING A CONTEST TO WIN TWO TICKETS TO THE SUPER BOWL!! CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO. ALWAYS READ THE OFFICIAL RULES OF ANY CONTEST, GOOD LUCK!