After taking a look at the current New York Giants roster, I believe the team can do well in 2010. They are a young football team that should have some good competition come training camp time. I was surprised at some of the number of players per position. Some of the areas where I thought the G-men were thin, they weren’t. Using the current roster, if it doesn’t change again before the draft, you can begin to see what the team might be thinking since they are so close (12 days away from the 2010 NFL Draft) to getting down to business. The Giants War Room will be rocking and I would not be surprised to see some deals getting done. The G-Men have been very aggressive this off season.
Giants fans are left with more questions then answers. The team has addressed the safety position thoroughly and made some other basic roster moves. Jerry Reese is a man who always has a plan and I am sure he can see the future better then any of us. I’m on the fence currently about drafting either a linebacker or offensive lineman in round one. Linebacker is the bigger need but if the ones they targeted are off the boards, then I would go offensive lineman here. Getting Eli Manning some help during his prime, can only benefit the team long term.
I expect the defense to be better in 2010 without a doubt. They are young and fast and I believe they are going to surprise a lot of teams. I’m excited to see who is going to step up on offense and if the team is ready to invest in another big weapon for Manning. Look for RB Brandon Jacobs to have an improved year and get back to knocking people down, north and south. DE Osi will have some reassuring to do after his 2009 season, by playing his heart out and convincing coaches and fans he wants to stay with the team. WR Steve Smith will prove that 2009 was not a fluke by mimicking his success this season. LB Clint Sintim and WR Ramses Barden should get more playing time and OL William Beatty could be starting by the end of the year.
There are a lot of exciting possibilities in 2010. I expect a real battle at the linebacker position during training camp. I believe that will be the most interesting of them all. Will DE/DT Chris Canty and DT Rocky Bernard make a difference? What do you think about the 2010 New York Giants situation as of today, right now?
Here is a list of questions that I am asking myself about the New York Giants prior to the 2010 NFL Draft. Feel free to leave your comments below.
1. Backup QB situation. Is Jim Sorgi “game ready”? Is Rhett Bomar the answer?
2. Who will play the Middle linebacker position for Big Blue in 2010?
3. Will the running backs be healthy? Will RB Andre Brown emerge?
4. Will safety Kenny Phillips be healthy and ready to play?
5. How will new defensive coordinator Perry Fewell do in his first year with the team?
6. How will some of the other coaching changes effect the plays on the field?
7. Who will the Giants take with the number one pick in the 2010 NFL Draft?
8. Will CB Aaron Ross be healthy and ready to play mentally?
9. Will K Lawrence Tynes still be on the team for the 2010 season?
10. Will P Jeff Feagles have a better season then in 2009?
11. Will TE’s Kevin Boss and Travis Beckum get more work on the offense?
12. Will WR Hakeem Nicks have a breakout season in 2010?
13. Why are WR Sinorice Moss and RB DJ Ware still on the roster based on their career numbers?
14. Will OL William Beatty be starting at left tackle by the end of the season?
15. Can the New York Giants make it back to the playoffs in 2010?
RD – NYGReporter.com
Thank you for another wonderful article. Where else may anybody get that type of information in such an ideal method of writing?
I have a presentation next week, and I am at the look
for such info.
The primary reason people fail as pubic speakers.