Do any of you remember all the way back to elementary school; making a bunch of cards and having the afternoon to pass them out to select classmates? Well, I was thinking it might be fun to imagine which Giants would be giving cards to who. I thought about the past season and the up-coming one (knock on wood), and I made up my list of top five Valentine’s Day givers and receivers for the Giants.
So lets jump into it!
- GM Jerry Reese wishes the NFL would be his Valentine and fix this CBA PDQ. I’m sure he is very excited to have the season officially start, so he can begin to make contract negotiations with some of his 21 free agents. Speaking of which:
- The 21 free agents the Giants have are all hoping to get candy covered cards from their front office man Jerry Reese. Not all of them will be signed back but bigger names such as Smith, Hixon, Bradshaw and Kiwanuka are all hoping to hear that the Giants are interested in further employing their services.
- Matt Dodge and Tom Quinn both are hoping for a bouquet of roses from Giants fans; a peace-offering perhaps or at least a shot at one more season. The other alternative is running one or both of them out-of-town. Both coach and punter with pitiful seasons should really be thanking Tom (Coughlin that is) for not putting them out on the street yet.
- Plaxico Burress hopes to get a dinner date this Valentine’s Day with Eli Manning, Jerry Reese, Tom Coughlin and the state of New York. He is scheduled to be released from prison soon and he is hoping that his ex-team is waiting for him at the gate.
- Eli Manning is hoping to fall head over heels, this Valentine’s Day, with a consistent, healthy, and ,one more time, consistent group of pass catchers. He needs a group in there that he can get comfortable with; the significant shuffling due to injuries did not help the franchise QB.
So there you have it! 5 V-Day cards being sent and received by various members of the G-Men. Hopefully, they all get what they wish for and Cupid can work some magic for our Boys in Blue. Let me hear who you think, from the Giants that need a Valentine’s card, or even better, leave some Valentine’s day wishes for your loved ones! I will be thinking very fondly of someone very special (she knows who she is), we cannot be together on this special day but she knows that I care very much about her. From all of us here at nygreporter.com, have a very wonderful Valentine’s Day with the ones you love!
Josh Berman – nygreporter.com