NEW YORK – It is Christmas Eve everyone and the Giants play the Jets. It’s going to be a fun day with family enjoying the game for me. I hope everyone enjoys their Christmas Eve and I look forward to discussing the game on Monday. This is bigger then the need to get a win, this is a battle for New York. The fans all know it and so do I. There is a lot of pride on the line in this game for both teams and coming out with the win is a must. Just like in that movie “The Invasion” we need to get some Big Blue jerseys in MetLife stadium for the game. Excuse me, I mean Giants stadium.
The Giants have to play and beat the Dallas Cowboys next week in the season finale at MetLife stadium. That will surely be one of the hottest tickets of the year because the Giants playoff hopes depend on that win. The fans will be out in force rain, sleet or snow for this one. I expect the tailgating to be huge for the finale and fans can have a blast just hanging out until kickoff if they weren’t fortunate enough to get tickets. Never drink and drive of course and be sure to have a designated driver to get you home. Remember, be safe, kids go to games too.
Whatever religion you are or what holiday you celebrate, I wish all of you a happy holiday season equally. I celebrate Christmas and write about what I know. I hope you can all respect that. Feel free to leave a comment about what holiday you celebrate and how you do so.
– Rodney Hampton was generous enough to stop by with a final Christmas wish for our readers and to answer five little questions. I think our readers will enjoy it and yes, this is the real Giants RB Rodney Hampton everyone. Be sure to check out Hamps Camp (www.hampscamp.com) for his football camp and after school programs in the Houston, Texas area. Hello again Rodney and thanks for taking the time to answer a few questions. Merry Christmas to you and the family!
Five Christmas Questions for Rodney Hampton:
1. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
Hampton Answer: Rudolph the red nosed reindeer and Santa Claus is coming to town. Classic ABC movies for the holidays.
2. What is your favorite Christmas dinner?
Hampton Answer: I don’t really have a favorite dinner. We always have so much food around, a feast, that there is always something good to eat.
3. What is your favorite Christmas drink?
Hampton Answer: a glass of red wine, a merlot.
4. What type of music do you listen to on Christmas eve?
Hampton Answer: I have a piano that plays by itself and we love to listen to the Christmas carols from there. The piano music really puts me in the Christmas spirit.
5. What Christmas traditions do you and your family have and celebrate?
Hampton Answer: We play a game called The White Elephant Gift Exchange (Google it for the rules) on Christmas day. It’s so much fun because no one can control the gift they receive and some of us purchase gifts that no one wants. It’s so much fun!
1. Rodney Hampton’s Christmas message to nygreporter readers:
Rodney: I’d like to wish each of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Take some time and reflect on the year. Make a list of at least five things that you are thankful for. Sometimes we get too consumed with all of the gifts and money being spent during the holiday season. Take some time this year and focus on the small things (sometimes these are the things we take for granted). Remember the reason for the season, and be sure to have a safe and joyful holiday! May God bless each of you!!!
2. Robert’s (nygreporter owner) Christmas message to readers:
Robert: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of our readers! Thank you very much for continuing to read our articles and see a different perspective on the team. Let’s get in the playoffs and do some work Giants! Eli Manning needs to be in the Pro Bowl. So do a bunch of other players this year. God Bless all of you and your families! Thank you to the military stationed all over the world who cannot be home this year. God Bless and protect you always!
RD – nygreporter.com – Merry Christmas!