NEW YORK – There have been many New York Giants fans that contacted me about being upset with this lockout. Some find themselves wandering aimlessly around the house or driving around their neighborhoods with no place to go. Some have taken up alternative hobbies such as painting or cooking. It’s really sad. We are going to take a look at some of the things that Giants fans can do during this lockout to keep from going insane.
There should be something for everyone and if you feel something should be added to this list, we encourage you to leave a comment below with that information.
I understand that times are tough and some fans might not be able to afford some of the items listed below. That is why I included a couple of things that you can do that are free or cost very little. Since computers weren’t as prevalent during the last lockout as they are now, it has become much easier to survive the lockout in the digital age. The NFL is also changing game rules as we speak and some of the fans are not liking what they are hearing. Changes to the kick off rules have been the most public. Why? Why are they messing with the billion dollar system? I’m not going to go into all of this because it just upsets me but I thought I would share a little here. We will cover everything once all of this madness is over with. I hope we can provide you with a little rain water during this football drought.
I fully expect the NFL to run with my original idea here and make even more millions. Just remember where you heard about the “Lockout Survival Kit” first football fans. Now, let’s take a look at the list.
2011 NFL Lockout Survival Kit: New York Giants Edition
1. Buy and watch the New York Giants Super Bowl XLII (2007) DVD New York Giants Super Bowl XLII Champions DVD
2. Buy and watch the New York Giants Super Bowl XXI (1986) DVD America’s Games: 1986 New York Giants
3. Buy and watch the New York Giants Super Bowl XXV (1990) DVD Warner Brothers New York Giants Super Bowl XXV America’s Game DVD
4. Collect New York Giants trading cards from your local sports memorabilia store. New York Giants 50-Pack Collectible Cards
5. Play Madden video games using the New York Giants as your team. Madden NFL 12
6. Study the history of New York Giants football. New York Giants History
7. Get some New York Giants player autographs. Player Appearances
8. Buy and watch America’s Game: New York Giants DVD. Warner Brothers America’s Game: New York Giants DVD
9. Buy and watch the History of the New York Giants DVD. Warner Brothers History of New York Giants DVD Collection
10. Buy and watch the New York Giants 10 Greatest Games DVD. Warner Brothers New York Giants 10 Greatest Games DVD
11. Buy yourself a new jersey (authentic or replica). New York Giants Jerseys
12. Take a tour of New Meadowlands stadium with the kids. Stadium Tours | New Meadowlands Stadium
13. Check out the New York Giants Ring of Honor once again (video included). Giants Ring of Honor
14. Try to win the chance to buy two Super Bowl tickets. Events
15. Tweet Pat Hanlon with any questions you may have about the New York Giants. @giantspathanlon
Whatever you decide to do fans, I would suggest one thing, don’t panic! Things cannot continue this way for very long and sooner or later everything will work out. So keep your heads up and stay strong through this horrible situation and try to remember better days in the NFL. Good luck!
Please support the Eric LeGrand charity walk this June 4, 2011! Check it out at http://www.awalktobelieve.org