The New York Giants are going to have to bring in a player at some point, before the 2010 training camp begins in three weeks. I found a few interesting names that were on the free agent list. If these players are somehow signed or have a status change by the time you read this, then check my words and leave a comment.
What I am trying to do here, is list players who might be a very useful backup at their position but used mostly on special teams. As we all painfully know by now, the Big Blue special teams have a few issues. I say strike now and get the team a impact player. You never know how these things are going to turn out. Sam Madison and RW McQuarters served the G-Men well and they aren’t exactly spring chickens (no offense guys) but they are Super Bowl Champions.
I have reserved my opinions/picks for only two positions and they are the cornerbacks and the wide receivers. I will list four free agent players from both of those positions. Hopefully, the Giants can afford to pick up one of these players from the list and if they get two players, then thats even better. I feel that these two positions will serve the team best as far as having backups. These are two crucial positions and quite frankly, the Giants need some special teams help right now.
Check out the list of players and feel free to leave a comment on who you can see on the New York Giants in 2010.
2010 Free Agents (still unsigned)
– CB Samari Rolle – 6’0″ 175 pounds – 12 years NFL experience – 33 years old (one year deal IMO)
– CB Will Allen – 5’10” 195 pounds – 9 years NFL experience – 31 years old (two year deal IMO)
– CB Frank Walker – 5’11” 200 pounds – 7 years NFL experience – 28 years old (two year deal IMO)
– CB Fred Smoot – 5’11” 185 pounds – 9 years NFL experience – 31 years old (two year deal)
– WR David Tyree – 6’0″ 200 pounds – 7 years NFL experience – 30 years old (one year deal IMO)
– WR Kelley Washington – 6’3″ 217 pounds – 7 years NFL experience – 30 years old (one year deal IMO)
– WR Justin Jenkins – 6’0″ 207 pounds – 3 years NFL experience – 29 years old (one year deal IMO)
– WR Roy Hall – 6’3″ 240 pounds – 3 years NFL experience – 26 years old (two year deal IMO)
* I also like CB Philip Buchanon, 5’11” 186 pounds 29 years old 9 NFL seasons, who was released this off season too.
Be sure to go back and read the article again and remember we are talking about reliable depth at the CB and/or WR positions. These players would see a ton of time on special teams if they made the roster.
RD – nygreporter.com