NEW YORK – Hello Giants fans, I certainly hope you are all getting into the holiday spirit this season. I have a special guest for you today, Giants RB Rodney Hampton will be giving the trivia question today as well as his personal tips for those interested in playing football. Rodney Hampton was nice enough to grant us an interview earlier this year NYG Reporter – Rodney Hampton Interview – April 2, 2011 and I have stayed in contact with him and help him promote Hamps Camp Rodney’s football camp and after school programs for kids. I appreciate him taking some of his time out to add to our advent calendar here. Welcome back Rodney!
Welcome to DAC Day 2!
If you’re a fan of RB Rodney Hampton, then this is your lucky day. This article is filled with cool Hampton stuff from the man himself! I hope our readers enjoy this and I have a feeling we might be hearing from Rodney again this month. Perhaps he will answer one of your questions when he returns. I encourage our readers to leave a question in the comment area for Rodney and I will see if he can answer one for the readers in his next article with us.
EXCLUSIVE – Hampton Tips for kids
Rodney’s Tip: Safety first kids! Make sure you have the right equipment and that it fits properly. Always have your parents involved and have fun.
EXCLUSIVE – Rodney’s Christmas Question:
Question: There is one question that we all get asked at least once in our life. That question is, what is your favorite holiday? Mine, hands down is Christmas. I love Christmas for the lights, family, friends, gifts, food, music and all of that good stuff I remember from my childhood. Rodney, what was Christmas like at the Hampton house when you were a kid? What is your favorite all-time holiday memory?
Rodney’s Answer: It was great. I remember waking up in the morning and feeling the excitement before opening gifts. Priceless! I spent many of my childhood holidays at my Grandmother’s house in Natichitoches, Louisiana (near Shreveport, Louisiana). Every year on Christmas eve, my Mom and Dad would pack up all 5 of us kids and drive 3 1/2 hours to Louisiana. All of my Aunts, Uncles and Cousins would be there and we’d have such a fun time! As for your second question, my favorite all-time Christmas memory was when I was 5 or 6 years old and I got a Big Wheel! I remember not even wanting to open any of my other gifts when I saw it under the tree. It had a storage box on the back and a break on the side. I had so much fun on that thing riding fast and burning rubber!
EXCLUSIVE – Hampton’s Fact or Fiction:
1. Hampton is a Super Bowl Champion?
FACT, Super Bowl XXV Champion in Tampa. (Whitney Houston sang the national anthem)
2. Hampton is a Pro Bowl Player?
FACT, 2x 1992, 1993
3. Hampton played his entire career with the New York Giants?
4. Hampton was drafted by the New York Giants?
5. Hampton was a first round pick?
FACT, 1st Round pick, 24th overall.
6. Hampton wore jersey No.37?
FICTION, Hampton wore No.27
7. Hampton is originally from Texas?
FACT, he was born in Houston.
8. Hampton was once asked to co-pilot the space shuttle by NASA?
FICTION, he was asked to be the MAIN pilot. Just kidding.
9. Hampton went to college at University of Georgia?
10. Hampton is the Giants No.2 all-time leader in rushing yards?
FACT, Hampton is ranked second all time behind RB Tiki Barber.
Bonus Question: Did All American QB Andrew Luck, of Stanford, attend one of Hamps Camps?
FACT, QB Andrew Luck is listed among a handful of college and NFL players who have attended Hamps Camp
Rodney Hampton’s Trivia:
Rodney’s Question: What number did I wear when I played football at the University of Georgia?
Your Answer: ???? (leave answers in comment section)
Thanks for stopping by Rodney and we will see you soon!
RD – nygreporter – Happy Holidays!
– If any New York Giants players, current or former, are interested in adding themselves to this Christmas party, have your agent email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ask them to use a relevant statement in the subject field and we will confirm with your player via twitter, if possible, to a verified account. Please remember to follow us there @nygreporter, so we can confirm info privately. We are always interested in doing interviews with any Giants players willing to answer a handful of questions. Agents can find out the specifics by emailing us. As always, we remain a family friendly website. Happy Holidays!
Please visit www.hampscamp.com and donate/contribute to Rodney Hampton’s camp for the kids!