Hello Giants Fans,
It feels good to be back from vacation and I’m ready to get back to work! The Giants had a good week of practice and now only have six days left until training camp is completed. Fans (including me) have been anxiously waiting for the Monday Night Football game against the Jets and now it is only two days away. Even though fans know the preseason games don’t really mean anything, other then being a glorified scrimmage, I still enjoy watching the second string guys and rookies play. You have an opportunity to witness the future in my opinion.
Giants fans lucky enough to get tickets to the Monday night game will be a part of history forever. This will be the first football game ever played in the new stadium. There has been a lot of trash talk coming from the Giants little brother, the Jets, about who rules the house in New York. It’s quite funny to see the Jets rambling on about things and complaining, as the steadfast Giants continue to remain classy and not engage in such childish behavior. I’m glad that I’m a Giants fan.
Let’s take a look at some of the recent news about the New York Giants this past week.
– QB Eli Manning continues to have a solid training camp and seems to have an unshakable confidence for 2010.
– WR Derek Hagan has been turning some heads with a surge in productivity lately at practice.
– OL Chris Snee has been held out of practice with a knee issue. It is nothing serious according to the coaches.
– Rookie OL Mitch Petrus has been impressing coaches with his physical play on the field.
– The team still hasn’t made a decision on who will handle the return duties.
– Safety Kenny Phillips has been working his way back into football shape after returning to practice this week. He hasn’t had any setbacks thus far.
– OL Ruben Riley was cut from the team and OL Cliff Louis was signed to the team.
– CB Aaron Ross appears to be fully healthy this year and has been making plays in camp.
– The G-men will honor WR Amani Toomer with the Giants Alumni Man of the Year award.
– Former Giants great Leonard Marshall is attending practice today in Albany and signing autographs.
– The Giants continue to give RB Ahmad Bradshaw a ton of work at the number one RB spot.
– By the end of today, over 30,000 Giants fans will have attended training camp this year so far.
– OL Rich Seubert returned to practice despite wearing a cast on his left arm. The man wants to play.
– WR Ramses Barden continues to get praise from Coughlin and might end up surprising a lot of teams in 2010.
– Wide receivers Steve Smith and Sinorice Moss continue to be hampered with groin injuries.
– Tom Coughlin has said that the starters will play about a quarter of football Monday before being yanked.
Who do you think will win the Giants vs. Jets preseason game Monday night? Final score predictions?
RD – nygreporter.com
PLEASE SUPPORT THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT!!