The G-Men played the Ravens last night in Baltimore. The Giants lost 24-10 in a game that just continued to leave questions unanswered. The defense looked great throughout the game, even though the score would make the reader think otherwise. The Giants are having injury issues already. This is something that could make me physically sick if it continues into the regular season. Giants fans had to endure this stuff in 2009 and I do not know very many fans that would like to go through that again.
The biggest issue seems to be the offensive linemen. The team has three of the starting five linemen banged up. This is not good and could put QB Eli Manning’s iron man streak is serious jeopardy if they cannot protect him. I cannot begin to explain how frustrating it is to see nine or ten players on the injured list in week three of the preseason. At some point you have to look at the trainers and say “What the heck is going on?” Why does the team have a rash of groin and hamstring injuries? I’m not sure if it is just a bad luck streak or if there really is someone to blame, all I know is that I can’t take another injury plagued season.
Let’s take a look at some of the notes form last nights game.
– QB Eli Manning looked rusty and seems to need more playing time to get into a rhythm.
– WR Victor Cruz lead all wide receivers with 76 yards and a TD. He should be a lock to make the team.
– The G-Men are still dealing with multiple player injuries and had a few who could not play last night.
– S Antrel Rolle lead all tacklers on defense with seven. His signing with Big Blue this year is huge for the team.
– The defense as a whole looked very good last night despite the score. They had 5 sacks and 1 INT.
– RB Brandon Jacobs lead the team in rushing with 41 yards on 6 carries.
– Backup QB Rhett Bomar looked good once again and I feel much more comfortable with him as the backup QB. He threw for 140 yards and a TD.
– DC Perry Fewell through everything but the kitchen sink at the Ravens. I think Fewell will end up being just fine.
– The middle of the field seemed to be very open for opposing receivers last night. The zone coverage needs more work.
– S Kenny Phillips had a good game and made a few hard hits on Ravens players. it was good to see that.
– Head Coach Tom Coughlin looked like he would explode as he paced along the sidelines. I’m sure the team got an earful after the game.
– The offensive line is starting to become a problem. Once the strength of the team, it is now a question mark.
– K Lawrence Tynes hit a 42 yard FG and made his extra point kick. He has been very good this preseason.
The Giants will play their final preseason game against the New England Patriots on September 2, 2010 at 7:00 PM EST at the New Meadowlands stadium.
RD – nygreporter.com
PLEASE SUPPORT THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT!!