NEW YORK – How can I count the ways Big Blue made me smile today? The New York Giants completely dominated the Seattle Seahawks and won the game 41-7. This was the worst beating dealt by Big Blue since the 1950’s. The Giants destroyed the Seahawks in every single aspect of the game. Our readers know that I do not over exaggerate when it comes to the games and I am very fair but when the team is leading 35-0 at halftime, the score speaks for itself. They could have shut the Seahawks out if they really wanted to.
I have not enjoyed watching a game this much in a very long time. The G-Men were expected to have trouble with the loud Seattle fans (The 12th Man) today but they were silenced by the first quarter, when Big Blue took a quick 21-0 lead. Things just got progressively worse for the Seahawks from there on. They could not do anything against a very tough Giants defense and their offense was lead by the green QB Charlie Whitehurst, who hadn’t thrown a TD in his NFL career yet. The Giants gave him a garbage TD in the 4th quarter for his first ever.
Watching this game was truly like watching an NFL team play a high school team. I know that phrase gets thrown around a lot but it is a perfectly reasonable example of the pure beat down I witnessed today. This was one of those games Giants fans will be talking about for years, like the 41-0 beating they gave the Vikings in 2000. I was actually concerned that FOX Sports would stop airing the game for some other TV show, like the Westminster dog show or something like that but luckily it never happened.
Let’s take a look at some of my notes from the game today.
– QB Eli Manning was as smooth as silk and had a very good game. He finished with 290 yards and 3 TD’s 0 INT’s.
– RB Ahmad Bradshaw was having his way with the Seattle defense all day. He finished with 57 yards and 2 TD’s.
– WR Hakeem Nicks is a beast, plan and simple. He finished with 128 yards and 1 TD.
– The Giants defense might be the No.1 overall defense at the end of today with this performance. They had 2 INT’s and a fumble recovery and held the Seahawks to 162 total yards.
– K Lawrence Tynes made all of his FG and extra point attempts. He has been redeemed in my mind.
– Newly acquired Will Blackmon was the return man in place of Darius Reynaud, who may have lost his job.
– RB Brandon Jacobs got his groove on and was running very hard today. He finished with 78 yards.
– OL David Diehl left the game in the 3rd quarter but it turned out to be nothing serious.
– Neither offensive lines gave up a QB sack today, something that rarely happens in the NFL.
– TE Kevin Boss scored a TD in his home town. Something the fans were happy to see him get.
– DE Jason Pierre-Paul was in the game a lot today and was pushing linemen all over the place.
– WR Steve Smith quietly had a very nice game, as always. He finished with 46 yards and 1 TD.
– WR Mario Manningham contributed to the win with some nice catches. He had 56 yards.
– QB Sage Rosenfels played in the 4th quarter because of the 41-7 lead.
– RB DJ Ware came into the game in the 4th quarter and almost led all rushers with a nice performance. He finished with 66 yards.
– The Giants completely dominated the time of possession game by having the ball for over 2/3 of the game. They had the ball for 42:34.
– The team still had 5 penalties and 1 turnover, which is driving Coach Coughlin and the fans crazy. But it’s hard to say anything negative about this game.
What did you think of the beating the Giants gave the Seahawks today in Seattle?
RD – nygreporter.com