NEW YORK – What a crazy night it was in New Meadowlands stadium. Nobody could have predicted some of the craziness that occurred in this game. The Giants were expected to man handle the Cowboys tonight but that did not happen. Instead, we saw a Dallas Cowboys team fighting for their lives and taking chances on big plays because they had nothing to lose. The Giants lost this game 33-20 to the Cowboys.
The Giants defensive backfield gave up a couple of big plays to the Cowboys early in the first half and Dallas got some points from them. It was 19-6 at halftime but could have easily been worse then that, if the Giants defense hadn’t held them to FG’s a couple of times. I was surprised by how little the Giants defense seemed to get to backup QB Jon Kitna in the game. I expected Kitna to be on his back for most of the game but it never happened.
Most Giants fans will tell you that the team did not look like themselves tonight. It was a very strange game to watch and the Cowboys looked like they were the team that was 6-2 and not 1-7. The Giants had a lot of players injured for this game and even some of the second stringers got hurt during the game. It’s not an excuse but it certainly adds to the issues the team had. This was a game that the Giants should have won and the fact that they lost to an atrocious Dallas team, leaves a big question mark on how they will fair against solid teams for the rest of the season. They will need to regroup quickly because they face the Eagles next Sunday night in Philadelphia and have four more divisional games left in the season.
Let’s take a look at some of my notes from the game tonight.
– QB Eli Manning had a decent game but it wasn’t entirely fun to watch. He finished with 373 yards, 2 TD’s and 2 INT’s.
– Offensive Coordinator Kevin Gilbride’s play calling was awful in the first half. It was even worse in the second half.
– There was a power outage at New Meadowlands stadium that delayed the game for a short period of time.
– The Giants offensive line held together nicely despite the injuries by not giving up a single sack in the game.
– WR Hakeem Nicks had another great game and has become an elite NFL WR. He finished with 82 yards.
– The Giants had a lot of penalties against them and some of them were bogus. They finished with 8 penalties for 69 yards.
– RB Ahmad Bradshaw ran hard all night and finished the game with 73 yards rushing and 62 yards receiving.
– The Giants special teams had another poor game in my opinion, Will Blackmon’s performance not included.
– WR Mario Manningham has a nice game filling in for WR Steve Smith. He finished with 91 yards and a TD.
– TE Kevin Boss had a very good game, finishing with 81 yards and a TD.
– Defensive coordinator Perry Fewell could not do anything against the big plays Dallas was getting all night.
– K Lawrence Tynes made all of his FG and extra point attempts tonight and continues to have a great year.
– WR Ramses Barden left the game with an injury in the second half and did not return. He finished with 34 yards.
– Safety Kenny Phillips led all tacklers for the defense and safety Deon Grant had the lone INT.
– The Giants defense had a poor game by their standards. They finished with 1 sack and 1 INT.
– The Giants won the time of possession battle by having the ball for 37:51 minutes of the game.
RD – nygreporter.com
THE NEW YORK GIANTS ARE HAVING A CONTEST TO WIN TWO TICKETS TO THE SUPER BOWL!! CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO. ALWAYS READ THE OFFICIAL RULES TO ALL CONTESTS, GOOD LUCK!