The following notes are random bits of current information on the New York Giants. The voluntary workouts will soon be mandatory training camp, quickly following the NFL Draft. I haven’t heard any new reports on injured players or how their rehab is going. It’s good news, that there isn’t anything negative to report, if you know what I mean? Sometimes there will be a question asked in the Notes articles, if you know the answer in the comment section. Feel free to leave a comment about anything new that gets left out as well. BREAKING NEWS posts are always Welcome here at the NYG Reporter. Sign up to become a member if you haven’t already. You don’t need to be a member to leave a comment though, so let us hear what you think.
Here is a small list of current happenings in the New York Giants world and the NFL.
1. The New Meadowlands stadium (old Giants Stadium) finally opened to the public today on April 10, 2010. The new era officially begins.
2. There are now only 12 days until the 2010 NFL Draft (April 22, 2010). The Giants still have their first round, N0. 15 pick.
3. The Giants brought in an offensive lineman from Pittsburgh to test out. It seems the Giants might be looking at taking an offensive lineman in the first round if no coveted linebackers are available.
4. The entire NFL schedule should be released soon by the NFL. The Giants open the preseason playing the Jets, on 8-16-10 8PM, Monday Night Football. Check the “Schedule” tab for future info.
5. Question for members, when do the Giants game tickets officially go on sale? Date/Time? Kyle should know since he has season tickets.
6. Former Giants RB Tiki Barber, continues to get hammered by the New York media for leaving his pregnant wife (twins) of eleven years.
7. Who would you start at middle linebacker? Chase Blackburn, Jonathan Goff, Kenny Ingram or Clint Sintim? I would start LB Blackburn.
8. New York Giants training camp dates/news should be coming from the team soon. Check the “Events” tab for future info. The Giants will hold their training camp in Albany, New York.
9. NFL.com has calculated that the New York Giants will travel a distance of 7,892 miles for regular season games in 2010.
RD – NYGReporter.com